Monday, August 1, 2011

The good

Is beginning again! The nausea (at least the worst of it) has passed and now it's just a matter of dealing with crazy exhaustion (oxymoron?). I've laid low and enjoyed it. Of course there are some drawbacks. Like the fact that nothing is on TV in the middle of the day. But it did inspire me to sit down at the piano for a minute and try to remember (because sight reading is apparently not going to happen) how to play. I met marginal success. But really if in the end I can't decide if the reason the song sounds wrong is because I'm hitting the wrong notes or because the piano is out of tune, I'm probably not about to enter any talent competitions. At least not any that I could win. Or even place in.

Right now we're watching "Supernatural" because Hannah's friend gave her all the seasons and I guess we ran out of acceptable things to watch so here we are. So far what I gather is that a lot of people die in this show (extras), the brothers fight all the time but always make up, and demons are burned by holy water. I suppose Hannah gets to pick some of what we watch because she IS an invalid right now but this does seem a little excessive. She's not THAT hurt. It was only extensive surgery.

The last couple of days when food has sounded good again I've really wanted two things: a cold drink (which I can't have yet, so still waiting on that one) and tortellini in alfredo sauce. So tonight I made some alfredo sauce! And, if I do say so myself, it was quite delicious. If that's not a sure sign I'm doing better I don't know what is.

1 comment:

Malinda Jane Sieg said...

Bravo! Nothing comforts my soul more than some sort of alfredo-y pasta. :) I'm glad you are feeling better. Sounds like a doozy show indeed. Sort of like Xena the Warrior Princess...but who would watch that?!!!!