Friday, August 19, 2011

North Carolina

I've been out here with the fam for a little under a week now. And you'll be happy to know that I made it the whole plane ride over without throwing up! It was a miracle! In fact I didn't throw up at all until the other day when we had lunch on the set and I ate too much chicken and just couldn't keep it all down. Throwing up in a giant room with a bunch of people you don't know is never ideal but I made the most of it (I think) and managed to wait until my mom ran and grabbed me a trash can before I really let loose. And, in my defense, I turned my back to the masses. Still, I feel bad for the people walking back to work watching me retch. Because they were probably thinking "I just ate that too. Sickening."

ANYWAY. Besides that snafu, I've managed to be more or less fine on this trip! The nausea is under control, I rest as often as possible, and I only once felt like I avoided a serious fainting head dive into the putting green we were playing on. In other words: one narrowly avoided fainting spell (everything went black and I lurched for a bench but I made it and staved off conking out completely) and one puking incident and I am rolling along like a champ. Sometimes though I forget that just because I don't want to throw up doesn't mean the other side effects aren't in full force. I have to try to take it easy which isn't easy when you just want to be on vacation and play. But the good news is even in my "easy" state I'm having fun.

We've done all kinds of things on our trip: raced go-karts, played lazer tag, went to the movies, watched a double header minor league baseball game (and ordered fried pickles), went whitewater rafting, rock climbing, kayaking, ziplining and some of us even did a "mega jump" (i.e. a controlled free fall from however many stories up). We've also played some billiards and used the putting green at the hotel, and of course we daily go over to the set for free lunch/dinner and to watch them shoot a little of whatever scene they're on. So yes. North Carolina has been great. And I'm glad to be here!

2 comments:

The Frosts said...

Hey girl! So glad to hear you are out and about!! And in our part of the country no less...did you know we moved to good ol' WV? yea, well...we are here for 4 years for Residency...fun for us :) We have liked it so far. I'm sure you are trying to keep the throwing up blips to a minimum, but NO WORRIES...have a blast!! Love you, girl!

BBC said...

i'm glad you're having a good time on your vacation even with all the side effects!