Saturday, August 13, 2011

Before I fall back asleep

I would just like to say that the Emend team of champions is working! I do not have the urgent need to throw up all of my insides! It is wonderful. And gives me a lot of hope for my upcoming travels (since they start tomorrow). Hooray!
On the flip side, the Ativan/Baclophan team is also doing it's job if it's job is to knock me out 23 of the 24 hours of the day. I don't mind it - sleepy time is not puking time - but it's a very odd sensation to feel like your body's all heavy and you shuffle around bumping into walls and stuff for balance. Even right now I woke up and realized someone had braided half of my head. I don't know when that happened. But I'll take it.
When I'm out I'm OUT. Last night I tried to watch Secretariate (sp?) with my mom and grandma but couldn't even stay awake through the exciting race parts. My mom would slap my foot and say "they're about to race!" and I would lurch awake and blink rapidly trying to keep my eyes open but....those races are long. Like a mile or something. I didn't fare so well.
The important thing is that when I'm awake I feel alright. Not good. Not illness free. But okay. And "okay" is waaaay better than last time! So thanks for all the prayers everyone - they are working!!!

1 comment:

Malinda Jane Sieg said...

That makes me happy. Hooray for drugs!