Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Radiation continues

Well I'm a week and a half into radiation now and so far I can't complain too much. Last week I was feeling a lot sicker but this week the nausea is down and I feel like that counts for a lot. Even if the discomfort level rises (which it has - it's weird to feel like you have a sunburn on your insides), I'd rather take that and walking around all crouched over like I'm 80 than constantly feeling like I want to throw up. So I'll take it!

I got to ease up on my chemo pills a bit too. Now I take two twice a day instead of three twice a day. Maybe that's helping with the nausea level. I AM starting to develop "hand foot syndrome" which, from what I hear, basically means the palms of my hands and soles of my feet will turn red and get all grossly dry and possibly crack and it's painful. Even to the point where it might make walking difficult. Luckily right now I don't have a lot of pain in my hands or feet. They're just red mostly. But I can't wait for the day I'm too sick to walk and I make my friends give me piggy-back rides everywhere. I'm sure Bonnie is stronger than she looks. Plus I'm losing weight anyway so I'm doing my part to make it easier on her.

What else can I say about cancer? I got a vitamix! Or I should say all my friends who are AMAZING got me a Vitamix. I love it. I feel like I just need to find the Jamba Juice recipes online and I could totally make them in that thing. Last night I made a protein powder type of orange julius. It was actually pretty good. I'll be making soups and various dips in the near future. The Superbowl is coming up and that seems like the perfect time to break out the power of the Vitamix.

Really everyone has been SO GREAT about getting me things to help ease the discomfort and general suckiness of cancer. And I have put everything to good use! People are so good at knowing what things will help you. I'm constantly amazed. And can't tell you all how grateful I am. Thank you. Everybody.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

I can't wait for a homemade jamba juice! This is shaping up quite nicely!

Malinda Jane Sieg said...

I am so glad you have a way to make tasty treats now! Pack on those pounds! Ziggy-piggy...ziggy-piggy...

BBC said...

i didn't know you were keeping a blog about this! i'm totally adding you to my reader!