Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Essiac Tea

In addition to the fun that is chemo and radiation, Bonnie thought it would be good to add Essiac Tea. It looks like sludge and tastes like it too. And if I drink it three times a day it's supposed to help me be cancer free. And who am I to turn down cancer helping tea at a time like this?

But of course if I have to drink it so does Bonnie. I took a video of our first drinking experience but I'm blogger illiterate so I don't know how to make it work here. That's probably going to require an in-person consultation Britt. So be prepared.

In the meantime I can provide these little photos.




Since this first go I've had the "tea" a few more times. It doesn't ever get better. But hopefully I will!

As a side note today I started radiation. The actual getting radiated part was fine - slightly uncomfortable to be laying on your stomach with the hole in the platform for your insides to spill into - but overall fine. It seems like between that and the chemo my tumor has become angry today and feels more irritated but that might all be in my head. Either way tomorrow I get to do it all again!

1 comment:

emily said...

I think that the tea could really help patients with their condition. Although some say that the taste is not that good, I would still drink it if it could make me feel better.