Thursday, January 13, 2011

Free Week

This week I have the luxury of not taking my chemo pills AND not having to do radiation. While I am, in a roundabout way, looking forward to both since the sooner I get them over with the sooner I shrink this sucker, mostly right now I am enjoying my last week until March of freedom from chemicals and radiation beams! This is day two of not taking the chemo and I don't know if I feel that different yet. I suppose I feel less queasy though food still doesn't sound especially appetizing, and maybe a little less tired? I don't know. I expect I'll start definitely feeling better by Monday which will be my last day before chemo and radiation start up again. Blast.

My last couple of doctors' appointments were great - at one they took out most of the stitches from my surgery (didn't get them all but I think that's because some of them were still pretty gross and they didn't want to hurt me or open any wounds), and at the other I found out about the week off from chemo AND I found out that I MIGHT not have to also have the IV chemo (on top of the chemo pills and radiation) before my surgery! That was happy news. If the current chemo and the radiation will do all the shrinking necessary and we can avoid additional chemicals that sounds good to me!

Today I go in for my verification simulation where they make sure that they tattooed me right and I line up with all the lasers. Hopefully everything will go smoothly. I don't know what happens if it doesn't; maybe I get more tattoos? I think it's safe to venture that they're pretty good at what they do though so I bet they keep their tattooing of the same person to a minimum. Still you never know.

This weekend is the big powder puff football tournament. Unfortunately since my surgery incisions are still healing I won't be able to play. >:C I think Glendale probably pushed the tournament back to January (what happened to early December again?!) just to keep me out. It's a big conspiracy. Probably. I did go to my team's practice last night and I got to play a little; nothing too crazy. Basically all I did was snap the ball for the quarterback(s) but it was actually enough to make me tired. Guess I'm out of shape. Because that's sad. And yah, it also made me work up a sweat. But I blame that on the Polynesian in me. Not necessarily on the chemo in me. Luckily I don't think my team needs me to win or anything - I just WANT to play. Oh well, next time next time.

Also, at some point I'll put pictures up. But before that happens I'll need to TAKE some pictures. So first things first and, thanks to Britt, I should be able to eventually post something visually interesting. Wait for it....


3 comments:

Malinda Jane Sieg said...

Good luck on your appointment today! If they do have to re-tattoo you, ask them if they have any other design options other than pin-sized dots. Maybe I heart Momma or a good old fashioned tweety bird. :) Class! Might as well make the most of it, right?!

Brittney Porter said...

Kind of a breath of fresh air finally getting some good slash hopeful news, eh? Me and you, the tatted ones of the fam. It's just interesting that yours is to help you deal with cancer and mine are to help me not look like a cancer patient. Funny.

Kelly said...

It was a conspiracy, no doubt. I hope they know they're not sneaky!