Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Ah, nieces and nephews

The past couple of days my niece and nephews have been here. I always love having them around - they crack me up. And thankfully, while I don't think they really get how sick I am, they don't try to jump on me or come wake me up in the morning by poking my eyes or anything. But they do ask why I don't participate more in the family activities. I had this exchange with my 4 year old nephew as he was sitting in the pool yesterday:

Him: I wish you could come swim with us. But you didn't bring your suit did you.
Me: No, I left my suits at my apartment.
Him: Why did you do that?
Me: Because none of them fit me anymore.
Him: Then why do you still have them?
Me: ....Good question....

He also asked me why I'd been in the same bed ALL DAY LONG. And didn't I want to get up already??

But despite the inquiries into why I'm a bump on a log, he DID put on a blanket as a cape and ran around like a superhero doing helpful things for me. He'd race in, ask how he could help, and then grab whatever I was carrying and carry it for me to my final destination (which was basically all the help he COULD give me - I don't do much).

Having those kids around makes me happy.

Now if I can only get my other married siblings to give me more nieces and nephews.... heh heh heh!

1 comment:

Malinda Jane Sieg said...

So cute! Little Malachi (spelling?) is such a cutie. I am glad that they get to be there with you. I love you!