Monday, June 27, 2011

Chemo limbo

So I'm still waiting to hear when I can get in the IV transfusion rotation. Maybe it was smart of the doctors to keep me waiting like this because now in my mind it's gone from "this sucks" to the anticipation of "I hope they'll take me!"
Kind of feels like I'm trying to get into college or something.

Anyway in the meantime it's been a couple weeks now of the daily pills. So far it hasn't been too bad. It's only been in the last couple of days that I've started to feel the effects. Thankfully I still have something of an appetite so when Ammon and Drew (and Bonzai) made a delicious family Sunday dinner last night (and Evan set the table very nicely - I was the only one who laid on the couch in the fetal position like a loser) I was able to partake and even enjoy! I'm usually okay to eat - it's only afterward that I feel less than stellar.

But you know a good way to feel better? Play card games after dinner and win. Muah-ha-ha-ha-ha! (Okay it doesn't really help with the sickness feeling but it does help with the ego)

This last Saturday (subject change) I got to see most of my family (Dad and sister #2 were out of state and thus out of attendance) at a rockin' pool party. I myself didn't do any swimming; I've decided that though my bag friend SHOULD be okay in the water I just don't really want to test it unless I really really really want to swim. And the only time I want to swim that badly is when it's over 100 degrees outside. Which it wasn't this last weekend. So I laid poolside (and by "laid" I mean "sat in a chair in the shade") and enjoyed snacks, family bonding, and the antics of nieces and nephews. Those kids are hilarious.

The moral of the story is, I haven't gotten to REALLY start my last 18 weeks of chemo (I'm only counting the start from whenever I get the first IV dose since I don't get to stop until I've survived 18 weeks of that), but things have still been pretty good.

1 comment:

Kristen Nicole said...

Welcome to Kristen's pool-side-manner. Swimming is the least important part of a swim party.
And PS: are you trying to use cancer to coerce me into a regular blogging habit?...dang it that may just work.