Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Body Clocks & Birthdays

Having recently (as in...less than two hours ago) returned from a cross country trip, I would expect my body clock to be all out of whack. It should be a little after 3am to me now. But eh, no, it feels like a little after midnight. That doesn't make any sense. Also what doesn't make sense: my body wakes me up by 7:30a at the latest on the west coast, but first morning of being on the east coast? Up at 7:28a. What the? Shouldn't that be 4:28a to me? ...It CAN'T be that I'm young and spry and my body adjusts to this sort of time travel as if it's nothing because (a) I just had a birthday that objectively kicked me out of the "young and spry" club. And (b) I can't go on roller coasters any more because I'll get sick and throw up due to a failing vestibular system. And if that doesn't scream "you're old and your body knows it" I don't know what does.

But speaking of birthdays. Yesterday (as in March 30 even though it still counts as "today" to me because I haven't gone to sleep yet) was my dad's birthday. So Happy Birthday! You don't look a day over 45. No seriously, you don't. Remember how people thought you were my older brother? That's gotta feel good, right? And then there was that time just a couple years ago when one of my friends was looking at the family Christmas (Valentines Day) card and exclaimed "oh he's dreamy!" and we thought she meant Micah but she meant you. Kelly was there she can back me up on that.

Anyway I know your vestibular system is still functioning just fine so maybe in celebration we should take you on a roller coaster! Eh? Well think about it. I'll hold your popcorn and wait for you at the exit.

Happy Birthday Dad!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh, I totally remember that. It took a moment to validate the just who was dreamy and who was dreamiest, but she was definitely talking about your father dear.

RightBehindYouTo30 said...

HAHA. It's hilarious to think you now live your life on the edge of upchuck. Coincidentally -- I was JUST talking with B about how it might be nice to go to Hawaii (sans los ninos) for a combined 10th anniversary/30th bday celebration in a couple years, BUT if that didn't happen I would ALSO be happy if he took me to 6 Flags to ride roller coasters all day. But now I have serious concerns about that backup plan. Serious. P.S. Welcome back to the blog!