Thursday, December 1, 2011

Cysts? Really?

Well I must say the effects of chemo are wearing off nicely. Besides having my toes and the tips of my fingers feel like they're semi-asleep-in-the-process-of-waking-up-pins-and-needles-like, things are going well! Can't complain. About cancer. Can't complain about cancer.

But since my organs seem to hate me, certainly it would be crazy to just feel well again. So where my intestines have finally started to simmer down, my ovaries have decided to take up the protest against being in my abdomen. What is with everybody in there?! Why can't we all get along? Anyway I don't know if I explained this before but back before I got all radiated the doctors decided to go ahead and move my ovaries up out of their usual spot so that they wouldn't die. Seemed like a nice plan. And I'm glad they did it. But apparently my ovaries don't like being up by my kidneys because one of them has revolted and instead of being its usual walnut size it has ballooned up into the size of my fist. And it's pushing against my kidney and causing a fair amount of pain. Boo! I guess ovarian cysts (that's the problem here) are fairly common - especially when you "transpose" ovaries. And a lot of cysts are painless and go away on their own. If only that was the case here! I mean, it may go away on its own (fingers crossed) but it has decided to make itself known in the meantime with all its stabby pain. It almost makes me miss cancer. Almost.

Anyway besides the constant cyst pain things are going swimmingly. And a week from today I have my last surgery! So close to being DONE done forever! I can't wait. I think I'll have to celebrate by getting a job. Ah the life of an adult. :)

No comments: