Thursday, February 12, 2009

Oh, I thought you'd died.

That is what my mom said to my dad after he got her number and then didn't call her for four months. But I feel it is probably applicable in this blogging-absence situation. It's been too long. I've been meaning to update my blog since about a week after my last post (I give myself a week to feel self-satisfied about the fact that I posted at all) and what can I say, life's just been busy. I've been in demand. Things have been happening.

Well that may be an exaggeration. Mostly I just work. And drive (see previous post). But still, it's always nice to see that a blog you check has been updated. And I feel that. I mean, I for one know that I'm always disappointed to see someone hasn't updated their blog in who knows how long. Like, lets say, since approximately June 8, 2008. Or maybe October 29, 2008. You have to wonder, "what happened to that person? Are they okay?" and if they are okay then you're a little bugged that they don't think more about you and how you would like to spend your free time at work checking in on them.

Anyway. In an effort to not be one of THOSE people (too late?) I am here to update my blog! Post something new! Just say anything! ....Plus I noticed today that I've received an idle threat about losing readership. So it's time to get back to it. And why not stage my comeback with a few highlights in the month (or two) since I last posted? So in a nutshell, since my last blog post I've done the following (in no particular order):

1. I threw an orange into the sea. And I meant it.

2. I friended my mom on facebook. Finally I can see what she's REALLY up to.

3. I started playing soccer once a week. I've discovered I'm not that good at soccer. I'm also not good at avoiding getting kicked in the legs. But I'm sure my bruises go really well with my church outfits.

4. I went to Magic Mountain and threw up after riding Goliath. Actually this may have happened before the last time I posted. Either way it was unfortunate for a number of reasons, not the least of which was that I love Goliath (the ride, not that man) and I hated to have it end that way (bent over a trash can). And I now curse the day they invented Dejavu.

5. I sang "That's Amore" loudly along with a full restaurant of people. It was lovely.

6. I did not watch the Super Bowl. But I know what happened. Man.

7. I got an unexpected day off from work, courtesy of the FBI. Used it to Christmas shop. Anyone who got a gift can thank the FBI. Anyone who did not get a gift...take it up with the FBI. They only gave me the one day.

8. I started watching The Biggest Loser and actually have to put in a decent effort to not cry when they send people home.

9. I finally obtained a personal shopper. After all these years. She bought me new clothes for work and apparently it was needed because when my boss walked by my office he stopped and did a double take and said "did you dress up today?? You look nice!" as if I don't wear business casual stuff to work 3 out of the 5 days. Hmph.

10. I've driven 5,330 miles to and from work since my last post. Which means it's time yet again to have my car serviced. Sigh. My poor little car.

Hopefully I'll be a little more blog vigilant in 2009. I hate to make promises (goes against my lawyerly fibers) but I'll see what I can do.

10 comments:

Kelly said...

Hooray! You're alive! A couple thoughts:

a. I would really like to use your mom's line about supposed death. I like her sass.

b. You didn't mention that you threw up at Magic Mountain while on a date. Maybe that was on purpose. Muah ha ha.

c. I hope you're tivo-ing the Biggest Loser whilst I'm away. It makes me oh so emotional.

Kristen Nicole said...

I have never been so happy to see a new post. I know how you feel about your boss. There is a teacher in my lunch group who proclaims pleasant surprise when I show up in clothes other than a cowboy hat and chaps. (which is every day) He is genuinely amazed that someone from Utah knows how to get dressed.

Emily Janice Card said...

DON'T YOU EVER DIE ON ME LIKE THAT AGAIN.

Anonymous said...

I must say, your new post elicited quite a range of emotions. Elation (finally!), offense (when was my last post again? Did she just call me OUT?!) confusion (what's with the orange?), amusement (hahaHA! You can't handle Goliath?!), pity (awww, she can't handle Goliath), satisfaction (thank you FBI!!) -- even surprise (you were on a DATE? Must I go to Kelly for ALL my information?!). I am officially exhausted. Hooray! You're back. Now make me laugh again in the NEAR future!

Anonymous said...

What's going on here? It's been over a month since you last posted and I know you've had lots of blogworthy life events transpire over the last 30 days. Obviously, it would've been just wrong to keep my name as "Glad you're back," so I will be posting nagging comments under my new pseudonym until you are resurrected once more. Just thought you should know how unhappy and disappointed we all are.

Tia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tia said...

Whoa I didn't even know I'd been publicly "burned" on your blog. Sorry, cuz, I just don't blog anymore! But look, it only took me 6 weeks to realize you have a new post...so you better believe I am going to comment. It sounds like 6 weeks ago you were pretty busy.

I especially liked the Magic Mountain part. Not because of the barf, but because I dream of going to Magic Mountain sometime in the near future. I also had to laugh about the Biggest Loser emotional-ness. We should watch TV together sometime and bond by shedding tears.

And lastly, I am totally JEALOUS that you have a personal shopper. Hello....I would love to do that for you any day...for free!! I want to see all of your new duds. Maybe I will get a peek at Jordan's wedding.

Anyways...glad you survived the big b-day. Sorry this is the longest blog comment ever. At least I am doing SOMETHING on blogs.

Sara said...

I love that you found me! Sorry my blog is not nearly as funny as yours--you probably feel like you're settling when you are reading it. Let's get together (yeah yeah yeah) the next time I am in the OC because I really enjoyed seeing you that last time. I think about you randomly, so I'm glad to hear that everything is going well (and funny) in your life. And I'm also glad that you're alive.

Devastated Fan said...

This is getting ridiculous -- this checking, and waiting, and checking, and waiting...and hoping...and then checking again. I am demanding an explanation for your mysterious disappearance from the blogging world! And it better be good! And really funny too!

mamasama said...

I'm so honored to have been "quoted"! Sort of. Sort of quoted, not sort of honored. You are SO funny and fun to read. It's good to know there is a source of entertainment available to me on demand. Even if I should have to re-read. :-)