Saturday, June 21, 2008

The Dog Ate My Memo(s)

One of the best things, to me, about being out of school is having no homework. As soon as I leave the office it's like a mini vacation. I run out of the front doors flinging papers as I go and laughing maniacally at my new found freedom. Guitar Hero here I come. Just kidding guitar hero is so last summer. Now it's all about Rock Band. Which, maybe by next summer when THAT'S old news I'll own it too. Anyway whatever. When I get home the night is mine. And I love it. I mean, that's a good three hours to do what I want with. And "what I want" usually consists of considering and then rejecting the idea of cleaning, making healthy food to eat, and/or exercising all whilst I sit in the love sac watching Top Chef or SYTYCD. My nights are grand. And the weekends are even better because now I have time for some sort of made for TV Lifetime movie or a chance to catch up on an entire season of America's Next Top Model. I just think it's a good idea to keep my finger on the pulse of the modeling world. In case I ever want to get into it. I like to have a back-up plan in case the whole law thing doesn't work out.

But I digress. Which, actually, is kind of the point of why I'm sitting here. Procrastinating. Because this weekend - the first since finally graduating from school over a year ago- I have had to take my work home with me. Yes. I have homework. Boo. And, true to form, I am seizing upon any and all opportunities to put off my work and prolong the fun. Hey it worked for 20 or so years, I don't see why I should change now. And by "worked" I mean I graduated so lay off. Of course, all the "fun" of the weekend is slightly tainted by the looming memos I have to write but, hey. If I can get one more nap in before Monday rolls around I'm going to do it. Plus lets be honest. It is over 100 degrees outside. Which is a clear sign that it's too hot to do any work and everyone ought to just meet up at the beach. My place is a ten minute walk away, lets go. ....But someone is going to have to carry me because it's too hot to walk.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

When the whole "law" thing doesn't in fact work out as planned and you become a model you should contact Lifetime. I definitely think that sounds like the sort of meaty subject they would like to make a movie out of. Just as long as you're willing add some pain killers to the story; they'd love it.

Anonymous said...

I'll carry you! (By "I," of course, I mean the physically capable extension of me who happens to respond to the name of "Ben"). Anyway, "I" am very strong and "I" love to indulge in service opportunities -- especially for family! Call "me" when you're ready for the ride!